Rose Quartz

      This year pantone has two colors for color of the year. Rose quartz and serenity are both beautiful colors. I have been so inspired by rose quartz most recently. I decided to raid my closet for my favorite pieces in similar shades, and share with you the outfits I created with them.

First up is:
Rose Quartz in Festivals

                 

For this outfit I used a light blush colored tank, that I thrifted, as my rose quartz inspired piece.
I paired it with some distressed denim shorts, that I picked up from Plato's Closet a while back. My awesome faux suede fringe vest was gifted to me by my best friend, Kelly. My shoes are by Arizona and were a gift from my grandmother. My braided belt is another thrifted item. I received my shell bracelet through a YouTube swap with a friend from Belgium. My other bracelet was also a purchase from Plato's Closet. 
Last but not least my necklace is a piece that has a very special story. In the spring of 2013 I had the opportunity to serve with Fundacion Dunamis in Quito, Ecuador. Fundacion Dunamis is an organization that ministers to young girls and women who have previously been in prostitution. These ladies are taught how to make jewelry and other skills that will help them make a living. You can find out more about this awesome organization on their website:  http://www.dunamisfoundationec.com 
You can also check out their Etsy shop here: 

        

Casual dresses are always so easy to wear, and this particular dress is the most comfortable dress I have ever owned. I chose to feature this dress because of the rosy colors in the pattern, the blue that greatly resembles serenity, and the great pockets. Who doesn't love a dress with pockets? My grandmother and I found it at a little boutique in Louisville, KY. Since the dress pattern has so much going on I decided to keep the accessories simple with just a small anklet that I made myself.
Yes, those are the same shoes from the first look. They are my go to shoes. They go with almost everything!

Church Chic
   
         

I have been obsessed with skirts recently, and immediately fell in love with this rosy colored one I found at a thrift store a few months ago. Of course I had to feature it in this rose quartz inspired blog. My cardigan and blouse were also thrifted. My adorable little structured evening bag is originally from Bloomingdale's, but this girl scored it at a resale shop here in Panamá, with the $120 Bloomingdale's price tag still attached, for only $12.99. Lastly I purchased my Target shoes from Plato's Closet for just $4.

Totally Expected

        

For this final look I kept it super simple. This is my go to look for days when I don't have much going on. My top is a brightish pinkish orange shade v-neck that I picked up from Old Navy a couple years ago. My dark wash jeans were thrifted from Goodwill, and once again I am wearing my trusty Arizona sandals. All of my bracelets I've picked up from street stands in Panamá, except the tiny rubber loom one which was made and given to me by a little boy from church.

Hair

I wanted to do something different with my hair for these looks, and I thought you guys might like to know how I did it. It is actually super simple. I just let my hair air dry, made random tiny braids in it, then tied in some little feathers at the ends of two of the braids with little hair rubber bands.

This blog was not sponsored.
All photography by: FEX Studios Panamá

Share:

0 comments