I GOT MARRIED! After being in a long distant relationship for 5 years!

Today I am finally sharing with you guys one of the most exciting things that has happened in my life...

I GOT MARRIED!

In today's post I decided I would introduce you to my husband, and share with you our very unique story.

Six years ago I took a trip with a summer missions team to the beautiful country of Panamá. Near the end of the trip I met this super cute boy named Randol. Being my usual shy self I said absolutely nothing to him, but to my surprise he had noticed me too. Being his very outgoing self he did talk to me. We only spent a few hours together, but somehow it felt like we had spent a lifetime together. We took our first photo together, and as we said our goodbyes he told me, "we will see each other again."



We kept in touch thanks to the internet. By kept in touch I mean we talked every single day. We would talk for hours and never get bored.



Finally after almost 2 years we did in fact see each other again when I went back to Panamá with another missions team.



In 2013 he took his first ever flight to the US to meet my family.





On December 31, 2013 he asked me to be his wife!



After being in a long distance relationship for five years... On February 8, 2015, I moved to Panamá to finally be with the love of my life!

    
  
                                                                                                                                                                 
   

And...
FINALLY
I joined the Gonzalez family on July 29, 2016.



We are so incredibly happy and excited to see what the Lord has in store for us! We hope that our story is an encouragement to any of you who may be in a long distance relationship or thinking of being in one. The wait can be long and it is definitely is not easy, but it is so worth it. Trust and communication are huge factors in making your relationship last. Long distance relationships don't have to be scary. Allow yourself to take a chance.

P.S. Getting married in Panamá is a tad different. Long story short we are legally married now, and will have a wedding ceremony in January!

Feel free to e-mail me any questions you may have about being in a long distance relationship! I also would love to hear your stories!
Staceyleedesignz@gmail.com

Share:

0 comments